Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hospital Bedrest

So just wanted to update everyone on what has been going on with me. Last night I started getting contractions around 7:30pm and since I had just taken Indosin at 7pm I waited to see if they'd go away they were pretty intense in strength mainly back pain but not super frequently around 8pm i took a second dose (since i was limited because of fluid being low) got up and went to the bathroom around 9pm and noticed bright red blood so I called into my doctor since I was told if I had anymore bleeding to call asap. I talked to doctor and ofcourse they wanted me to be seen being only 23weeks 5days they wanted me to go to the hospital with a level 3 NICU incase I were to deliver to give baby a chance to survive if born now. Got in and they checked me and my cervix was soft and maybe a finger tip dilated but not much more then that if any. My contractions were about 3-5 minutes apart they put me on niphedpine right away and did a bunch of tests. They did an ffn test that came back positive but the dr's are not going to go by that much since the postive doesnt mean a lot and the fact that I was bleeding so that could altar the test.They did a test to see if amniotic fluid was leaking and that came back negative,yay! So after lots of talking and figuring out what the plan was they decieded to keep me in l&d the dr checked me again since ctxns were still 3-5min apart and lots of back pain no more change from that so they will NOT check me again unless contractions get MORE intense or frequent etc. They did start the first set of steriod shots for babies lung developement I got the first dose at 4am today(23weeks 6days) and will recieve a second dose at 4am tomorrow (24weeks!!!). Talked to a dr w/my MFM clinic and he consulted with my doctor and the plan is to keep me awhile I am sure if it is up to my doctor and the other doctor that "knows" my situation that they will keep me for at least a month untill 28weeks when things are a little more stable, ofcourse if things are rocky at that point they'd keep me. But I will no more on that tomorrow and one of the doctors i see will be here the weekend and all next week.

Today things have gone pretty well got a u/s to check fluids since Monday fluid level was on the low side of normal because of my medication today it hadnt changed so they are okay with that at this point. Got an echo done on baby's heart and everything is great there! (they were again worried w/meds side effects) I am NOT contracting or bleeding anymore YAY! but on niphedipine and indosin to keep them at bay. They also moved me to antepartum with i really like cuz it's so much more relaxing and comfortable (if there is such a thing in a hospital) then l&d where they had me! Also now getting monitored twice a day for an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment