Sunday, February 20, 2011

Let it Snow let it snow let it snow


Tiberius is 3days old today and experiencing his first snow storm from the comfort of his isolete! Wish I could spend my snow days in a warm comfy place :) I did kangaroo care with him today for an hour and it was amazing he just layed there and slept while I adored him and talked with his nurse. By the time I was done with kangroo care I looked out the window and saw the white flakes coming down outside.
He is doing great today they went down on his feeds to 3ml every three hours because they calculated it wrong yesterday. But he was tolerating the feedings so well the nurse is going to talk to the doctors today and see if we can put him back on 8ml every 3hours. He is down a little on his weight to 2lbs 6oz but that is to be expected the first week plus he pees lots! Oh great news he POOPED today, yay and everything looks great with that! I changed his diaper and took his temp this morning and he is doing great.

The dr's have not done rounds yet today so I am sure I'll have more to update later today. I was going to try to let him get used to breastfeeding today but with the 15 to 20 inches of snow we are supposed to get we may head out before its time.

Lots of love,
Kierstien

No comments:

Post a Comment